I have to come realize that I am a visual learner. God often speaks to me through what I see. In practical terms, I am far better off if I can see an example, to show me what needs to be done . When I read through the Bible, I get excited by examples of women, God used to make a difference through their lives These women give me a vision of who we can become in Christ. They inspire me to “see” the potential in me and also women from every street, in every neighborhood of our city (and the surrounding towns) in our region of Taranaki.
It causes me to believe that God can help women in our region to become:
- Followers of Jesus (Matthew 27:55)
- Lovers of God and Sacrificial servers in their churches (Romans 16:12)
- Spirit filled and free to operate the gifts of the Spirit. (Acts 2:18)
- Forgiven and free (Luke 7: 48)
- Valued and Loved: (Proverbs 31:10)
- Generous worshippers (Matthew 26:7)
- Delivered (Luke 8:2)
- Equipped and ready for any task (Luke 24:1)
- Carry grace and kindness (Proverbs 31:20 )
- Proclaimer the Gospel (John 4:39)
- Willing Workers together (Philippians 4:3)
Women That Are
Educated and wise (Proverbs 31: 26) ;Faith filled and courageous (Hebrews 11:35); Persistent and unwavering (Matthew 15:22); Passionate and powerful in prayer (Acts 1:14); Teachable and trained (Titus 2:3-4); Diligent and trustworthy (1 Timothy 3:11); Surrendered and obedient. (1 Peter 1:14); Compassionate and caring (Acts 9:36); Healed by faith (Matthew 9:22); Supportive with their wealth (Luke 8:3); Entrepreneurs and business-minded (Acts 16:14); Hospitable and Inviting (Acts 16:15)
God sees both you and I as an integral part of His Plan and I’m so grateful that He does.
The writer of this weeks blog is Pip Batten. She and husband Steve , together pastor at citywestchurch in New Plymouth.